The selected candidate will play an important role in one or more projects of particle physics experiments at CERN, involving the conception and design of experiments, the development and operation of detectors and the analysis of data.
PhD in the field of physics, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated post-doctoral experience in the field of particle physics.
- Experience in data analysis, in the use of on-line or off-line software and competence in detector hardware.
- Physics analysis.
- Experimental particle physics.
- Particle detectors and interaction of particles with matter.
- Ability to draw-up technical specifications and/or scientific reports and to make oral presentations in English.
- Ability to understand and speak French in professional contexts, or the willingness to acquire it.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 29.03.2020
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in Radiation Areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Documents that will be required for your application:
- A Curriculum Vitae.
- A list of up to 10 most important publications indicating where you have been a principal contributor or a co-author, indicating your contribution for each in a couple of lines.
- A short (half page) description of your research interests.
- Three letters of recommendation. Recommendation letters should be recent (not more than 1 year old).
- You will only receive a link to request your three reference letters confidentially once you have fully submitted your application. Therefore we recommend that you allocate sufficient time to complete this step before the publication closing date.
- Our online application system only allows for alphanumeric values. If you submit an attachment that may provide you with a greater freedom of expression.
- Should you have any difficulties in applying through our new system, please contact Monica Buleandra (email@example.com).
Job grade: 6-7
Job reference: EP-DI-2020-12-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Research Physicist
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further