We are ready to build this accelerator. Are you?
MYRRHA will be the world’s first sub-critical, particle accelerator-driven reactor, cooled by a lead-bismuth eutectic. Our main mission is to build MYRRHA and to use it as a research reactor. But there’s still a lot of work to be done, such as constructing MINERVA – the project’s first phase consisting of a particle accelerator and a proton target facility. The commissioning of this accelerator facility is scheduled for 2026. Together with large teams of ambitious engineers and researchers, SCK CEN wants to develop new medical radioisotopes and solve the nuclear waste issue. To help us achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for a Project Engineer.
As Project Engineer in the “accelerator design and build” group, you will:
- Work on multiple topics relating to the implementation of our high-energy superconducting linear particle accelerator.
- Work on various topics following the project progress. The tasks may cover subjects such as electro magnets, support structures, power converters and technical integration.
- Cover all stages of the items from following up our collaboration/industrial partners’ design work to contract monitoring during implementation, commissioning and operation.
To join this frontier, you’ll need
- Master’s in Electro-Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with CAD software.
- Experience with complex technical systems (ideally with particle accelerators) is an asset.
- Interest and flexibility to quickly grasp new topics.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel.