Advanced Composites (PhD) – EPSRC Centre for Doctorial Training in Composites Science, Engineering and Manufacturing
From world-class research to real-world application
Join the centre and be part of the advanced materials revolution
Work on amazing materials, carry out cutting-edge research with world-leading academics and experience top-class training.
Composites are truly the materials of the future
Compared with conventional materials they can be stronger, lighter, cheaper; they can be used to create shape-changing structures for planes, boats and cars; they can display embedded functionality, or the ability to repair themselves. The potential applications of composites are endless.
• Four-year PhD in Advanced Composites
• Opportunity to work with industrial partners on real applications
• State-of-the-art lab and office facilities
• Funding available – UK/EU covering PhD tuition fees and stipends (EU nationals resident in the EU may apply and will qualify only for PhD tuition fees). Generous allowance for equipment, software and conference travel.
• First-year taught component including a group design, build and test project
• Wide range of cutting-edge projects to choose from
• Integrated transferable and translational skills development programme
For more information visit our website – www.bristol.ac.uk/composites/cdt
Get in touch
How to Apply