We are ready to build this accelerator! Are you?
MYRRHA will be the world’s first sub-critical, particle accelerator-driven reactor, cooled by a lead-bismuth eutectic. Our main mission is to build MYRRHA and to use it as a research reactor. But there’s still a lot of work to be done, such as constructing MINERVA – the project’s first phase consisting of a particle accelerator and a proton target facility. The commissioning of this accelerator facility is scheduled for 2026.
Together with large teams of ambitious engineers and researchers, SCK•CEN wants to develop new medical radioisotopes and solve the nuclear waste issue. To help us achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for an Electrical Engineer. As Electrical Engineer in the “accelerator design and build” group, you will:
- Work on various topics following the project progress. The assigned topics will cover the signal acquisition of beam diagnostic devices, the vacuum system and the machine protection system or power converters.
- Perform the technical follow-up of our collaboration and industrial partners’ work.
- Cover all stages of the items from following up our collaboration/industrial partners’ design work to contract monitoring during implementation, commissioning and operation.
- Follow up the procurement process and align with the control groups to enable a timely integration of the devices. You will be responsible for the installation and commissioning of the systems and finally the operation fulfilling the very demanding reliability requirements.
To join this frontier, you’ll need
- Master’s in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in dimensioning, procuring and acquisition of RF signals.
- Hands-on experience with the development of electronics boards is advantageous.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel.