Join our team
European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques. Early user operation started in September 2017.
For our Undulator Systems group, we are looking for an
Undulator Scientist (f/m/d)
The Undulator Systems group at European XFEL is responsible to maintain the existing undulator systems as well as to perform R&D on andvanced undulator concepts to be implemented in the European XFEL improving the performance of the photon beams offered to the users.
• Working in close collaboration with other European XFEL and DESY groups to develop and implement cutting edge undulator systems, as superconducting undulators, satisfying the user needs in the accelerator
• Performing SASE calculations based on magnetic measurements
• Driving project aspects of the advanced undulator development program
• PhD in physics or engineering
• Experience in one of the following fields would be beneficial: accelerator physics, cryogenics, superconducting magnets, undulators, accelerator based photon science
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a multi-lingual, multi-disciplinary team with English as working language
For additional information, please contact Sara Casalbuoni (firstname.lastname@example.org
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers
Become part of a vibrant international and multicultural team of scientists, engineers, technical, and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust-based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition, European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, a subsidized job-ticket for the local public transportation system, as well as our brand-new company restaurant BeamStop. The European XFEL GmbH employs a diverse, broadly international staff. Non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
This appointment is initially limited to 3 years and may subject to later decision become permanent.
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to a CV in English, as well as your work certificates in one single pdf-file.
Handicapped persons will be given preference over other equally qualified applicants The European XFEL GmbH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women.