The Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn is an international research university that offers a wide range of degree programs. With 200 years of history, about 38,000 students, over 6,000 employees, and an excellent domestic and international reputation, Bonn University is among Germany’s leading universities and has just been awarded the title University of Excellence. The Department of Physics and Astronomy of the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn invites applications for the position of
Technical Coordinator of the Research and Technology Center Detector Physics (FTD) (100%),
to be filled as soon as possible. The FTD currently hosts 9 groups from the fields of particle physics and photonics specialized in the development of novel detector technologies for the detection of radiation and particles at accelerator-based and non-accelerator-based experiments. Among others, the groups are actively contributing to the construction and upgrade of the pixel detectors for ATLAS (LHC) and BELLE-II (SuperKEKB), the ALICE TPC (LHC), and the electromagnetic calorimeter of the PANDA experiment (FAIR), as well as to experiments at the local accelerators ELSA and the cyclotron.
• Head of the extensive technical infrastructure in the FTD (clean rooms, measurement laboratories, major research instrumentation, etc.)
• Supervision and inter-group coordination of resources
• Introduction and optimal exploitation of novel technologies and methods for detector development at the FTD
• Supporting the preparation and implementation of scientific projects in particle physics
• Responsibility for radiation protection and safety at work
• Responsibility for scientific and technical personnel
• Participation in teaching (4 hours per week).
• University degree and PhD in physics
• Relevant experience in project coordination
• Experience in the development, design, construction, test and operation of particle detectors
• Ability to cooperate and work in a team
• Experience in human resources management
• Fluent in German and English.
• Permanent full-time employment, salary scale E 14 TV-L
• Responsible, multi-faceted and challenging field of work
• Participation in cutting-edge international research projects
• Occupational retirement scheme (VBL)
• An excellent transport infrastructure with the opportunity to obtain a discounted employee ticket for public transportation (VRS) or to use assigned affordable parking.
The University of Bonn is committed to diversity and equal opportunity. It is certified as a family-friendly university and aims to increase the proportion of women employed in areas where women are underrepresented and to promote their careers. To that end, it urges women with relevant qualifications to apply. Applications will be handled in accordance with the Landesgleichstellungsgesetz (State Equality Act). Applications from suitable candidates with a certified disability or equivalent status are particularly welcome.
Complete applications (consisting of a CV, certificates, list of publications, and a letter of motivation) should be submitted until 30th of November 2019 via email as a single PDF file to email@example.com
with the application code 12/19/331. For further information please contact Prof. Dr. J. Dingfelder (Tel.: 0228 / 73 3532) or Prof. Dr. B. Ketzer (Tel.: 0228 / 73 2539).