How many times in life does a physicist get a chance to work with CERN’S latest and most advanced technology? And not just work on a team, but lead a team and found a company? We are recruiting a System Architect to join our dynamic team. You will lead the technical team as we perform simulations and lab-based experiments. You’ll help us develop a consortium to build a RFQ accelerator-based prototype. Play a crucial technical role in a break-through, deep-tech startup based on revolutionary CERN technology. This isn’t your typical day job. It’s a dream job for the right person. Join us on the smartest square kilometer on earth, High Tech Campus Eindhoven, and help us make the world a safer place to live.
Dynaxion is a startup company from HighTechXL, based at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven. We aim to develop exciting new high-level applications using novel particle accelerator technology developed at CERN. Dynaxion delivers a new-generation screening solution based on the latest high frequency RFQ (radio frequency quadrupole) technology. Applications include parcel and luggage screening and agro soil analysis. For more information about Dynaxion see www.dynaxion-tech.com
To research the functionality of the Dynaxion technology, we need to perform simulations as well as perform lab-based experimental studies. We are therefore developing a prototype that can be used to assess and optimise our system configuration.
Who are we looking for
Physics or system engineer who will be part of the development team of the RFQ accelerator-based neutron scanner prototype, which will be a multiple-partner, consortium-based effort.
- Form a consortium with partners to develop the required technology to build the RFQ accelerator-based prototype
- Create partnerships with high-tech companies and research institutes
- Define the right consortium partner for each prototype subcomponent to be developed
- Act as the central point in the consortium. Use your leadership skills to help multi-discipline partners work together to develop a high-level technology.
- Create and optimize a high level prototype development plan. Assess the bottlenecks and act accordingly.
- Use your experience and insights into high-tech system development to speak to multi-discipline experts in their fields and keep them on track in their development trajectory.
- Define research questions that can solve potential bottlenecks and use your network at knowledge institutions and companies to find expertise to help tackle these topics
What is in it for you
- Masters or PhD in Physics, Applied Physics, Engineering or a related discipline
- A broad network in the field of accelerator physics would be beneficial for the involvement in multi-partner consortium based high-tech development projects
- Understand the requirements of subsystem development of particle accelerator systems
- Analytical thinker with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to show leadership and work and coordinate multi-disciplinary teams
Exiting technical role within a deep tech startup company, working in a dynamic environment, with a highly motivated team, at a top location at High Tech Campus Eindhoven, and with innovative CERN technologies.
If you want to take on this unique challenge, send your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org