DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics. More than 2,400 employees work at our two locations Hamburg and Zeuthen in science, technology and administration.
We are seeking a highly motivated senior software developer for the international HIR^3X project. The HIR^3X project is a Helmholtz International Laboratory between the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory in Stanford, US, DESY in Hamburg and the European XFEL in Schenefeld, aiming to address the reliability and repetition at the most advanced X-ray sources.
The successful candidate will be involved in the development of simulation tools, and high-level control applications and machine learning algorithms for accelerator, detector and laser for the next generation storage ring PETRA IV and for the Free-Electron Lasers FLASH and the European XFEL.
- Collect and document requirements across various research groups
- Develop and deploy novel software for modern accelerator control and operation
- Organize software development processes, such as testing or release management
- Collaborate closely with the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory within the Helmholtz International Laboratory project
- Degree in computer science, physics or engineering or equal qualification
- Experience with large software projects and agile development processes
- Preferably experience in research environments
- Excellent programming skills in Python and C++
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams and good communication skills
- Passion about science and technology
For further information please contact Annika Eichler (firstname.lastname@example.org
) and llya Agapov
The position is limited to 5 years.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-time work. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be filled with part-time employees.
Deadline for applications:
Until the position is filled.
We are looking forward to your application via our application system: www.desy.de/onlineapplication
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Human Resources Department | Code: MMA029/2020
Notkestraße 85 | 22607 Hamburg
Phone: +49 40 8998-3392