Are you an enthusiastic and curious individual who loves using technology to solve complex challenges? Are you an experienced Physicist looking for your next challenge?
We are looking for an exceptional, hard-working and hands-on experienced Physicist to join our group of world class employees. If successful, you will have the unique opportunity to work with clients from start-ups through to global market leaders. You will have a passion for technology and will use a combination of innovation, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ often demanding requirements and tight development timescales. You will work across the product development lifecycle, from new concept generation and technology validation, through prototyping and full product development, to transfer to manufacture and sustainability.
- A multitude of exciting projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors
- A team of aces to work with
- An open mind for new ideas
- 2.1 or above, (or even a Ph.D.) in Physics
- An excellent working knowledge of physics and a proven ability to apply it to engineering challenges;
- A practical hands-on approach and enjoy applying this to real world problems;
- Excellent analytical and communication skills;
- Familiarity with other disciplines required for product development such as mechanical engineering, software, electronics etc.
- Experience of working within multidisciplinary teams and multi-tasking across projects.
- Specific expertise in areas such as sensors, actuators, vision systems, algorithms, acoustics, robotics or complex electro-mechanics;
- Industrial, commercial or postdoctoral experience;
- Experience of leading teams, with responsibility for budgets and outcomes.
- Technical leadership of projects;
- Project management of technology focused projects involving 2-8 team members;
- Contributing to sales by identifying client needs, structuring work program and writing proposal;
- Providing mentoring and support to peers;
- Desk based analysis & design;
- Designing & performing laboratory experiments;
- Modeling using tools such as Mathcad and Matlab;
- Writing design documentation and reports;
- Presenting results and deliverables to clients.
A day in the life
At any one time, we have dozens of active projects in the medical, industrial and consumer sectors. Projects range in length anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of years. Typical projects will use multidisciplinary skills requiring team work, independent research, electronics & software design, mechanical design, and of course a science & technology team that you will be part of.
Your work will predominately be based at our Sagentia offices in Harston, Cambridge and there may also be opportunities to travel to client sites in Europe or USA. You will enjoy a fast-paced environment in which we solve a variety of challenges from different industries.
You will have bespoke training and mentoring to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realize your personal potential.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please email email@example.com.