Senior Optical/Laser Engineer – multiple roles
LumOptica is a growing laser and optical technology company. We work with some of the largest technology companies in the world as well as UK government and MOD, through a combination of commercial contract R&D and in-house technology development.
As we look to further expand the business into exciting new markets, we are now seeking senior engineers to join us. We are particularly looking for optical engineers/physicists with experience in interfacing closely with customers, providing expertise at a consultant level as well as offering capability in real-world optical engineering. Applicants with optical design or modelling skills will be at a definite advantage. You will be involved in all aspects of R&D, from developing solutions to meet our clients’ challenges, preparing proposals, undertaking technical delivery and providing results in written and verbal form. It is essential that you are a self-starter but also that you can work effectively in a team and with customers. We are committed to continuing professional development and will provide training where required and the opportunity to attend and present at conferences. You will be tasked with drawing on- and developing a network of potential clients and stakeholders and communicating the capabilities of LumOptica. This will not only include identifying upcoming challenges and opportunities in defence and security markets, but in others where possible.
* Significant experience in optical systems R&D and/or engineering, ideally in an industrial environment
* Bachelors/Master’s degree in physics or relevant engineering field
* Excellent working knowledge of optics and lasers
* Experience dealing with customers and building long-term relationships
* Winning contracts/grants
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Work well within a team and interfacing with customers
* UK national and eligible to obtain UK security clearance
* PhD/EngD degree in optics, lasers or photonics
* Working knowledge of ZEMAX or similar
* Working knowledge of COMSOL or similar
* Project management experience
* Laboratory experience and knowledge of data acquisition and device control (e.g. LabVIEW)
* UK SC security cleared
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company with the chance to make a real difference. We offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, discretionary bonus, flexible working.
Send CV and covering letter to: email@example.com