TWI is one of the world’s leading independent research and technology organisations, with expertise in materials joining and engineering processes. We develop innovative solutions for real industry problems that can have a profound impact on the world and people’s lives.
Our NDE group based at three UK sites (Cambridge, South Wales & Middlesbrough) specialises in the development of new inspection technologies to underpin engineering structural integrity across a wide range of industries.
With plans to expand our highly successful group TWI is seeking to appoint a number of managers for the NDE sections based at our sites in Cambridge and South Wales.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Leading and developing your Section to ensure they are engaged with their customers, and across TWI, and have the skills to deliver the Section’s element of the corporate plan.
- Develop the NDE section technology theme maps based on the existing technologies and products TWI offers to its clients in the area of NDE & Condition Monitoring.
- Ensure the NDE section is managed to meet its financial and safety targets, as agreed with the Business Group Manager.
- Manage the flow of work in the section, in co-operation with the Technician Group, to ensure that all deadlines and customer quality requirements are met.
- mplementing an R&D programme for your Section that underpins the Group’s growth strategy and engages experts across TWI to generate IP, knowledge, data and ultimately new products and services.
- Use existing and new public funding leverage effectively in order to expand the NDE section capabilities and offering.
- Develop a culture of continuous operational improvement within NDE by working across internal boundaries for the benefit of customers and TWI, and engaging with peers in other Technology Groups, the laboratories and support services.
- Supervise, monitor and develop the section staff.
Success in your application requires:
- Conducts themselves in line with TWI’s values of teamwork, innovation, taking responsibility, customer focus, adaptability and respect.
- Demonstrated management experience in a comparable environment.
- Ideally degree qualified in a relevant discipline, together with a sound technical background.
- Experience of developing and delivering business via customer service excellence.
- Experience of working through teams.
- Track record of operational rigour, meeting safety, quality and schedule requirements.
- The ability to juggle competing demands.
- Good commercial skills.
- Experience in resolving issues/conflicts to ensure progress towards stated goals
- Highly developed communication, networking and influencing skills.
- Conducting yourself in line with TWI’s values of teamwork, innovation, taking responsibility, customer focus, adaptability and respect.
This position will require occasional travel both in the UK and abroad.
Job Profile: Section Manager
Sections: NDT, CSM & VAL/AEM
No. of vacancies: 3
Ref: 185/19 – 187/19
Closing Date: Monday 17th February, 2020
To find out more about the individual roles, please click on the links to the detailed job descriptions:
To apply, please click on the link below: