DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics. More than 2400 employees work at our two locations Hamburg and Zeuthen in science, technology and administration.
The group MSK is responsible for the controls, feedback regulations and synchronization of the particle accelerators at DESY. We are an international team of technicians, engineers and scientists who develop, install and operate complex instruments for the European X-Ray Free-Electron Laser.
- Further development of high precision field control of the superconducting cavities at the European XFEL
- Coordination of LLRF systems operation with the XFEL machine operation group
- Quality control towards optimal operation of the LLRF system and investigations of RF trips
- Operation anlysis and further development of the field regulation and automation algorithms
- Documentation and maintenance of the LLRF systems
- PhD degree in Physics, Electronics or Computer Science or equivalent qualification
- Several years experience in RF control of superconducting particle accelerators
- Advanced understanding of the system architecture and operation of particle accelerators
- Skills in automation and system control
- Computer science skills in Linux, Python, Firmware and Software
- Strong motivation and pragmatism towards problem solving as well as highly proficient English skills
For further information please contact Julien Branlard +49-40-8998-1599.
The position is limited to 3 years.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-timework. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be filled with part-time employees.
We are looking forward to your application via our application system: www.desy.de/onlineapplication
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY Human Resources Department | Code: MMA054/2019 Notkestraße 85 | 22607 Hamburg Germany Phone: +49 40 8998-3392 http://www.desy.de/career
Deadline for applications: Until the position is filled.