DESY, Hamburg location, is seeking: Scientist (f/m/diverse) Accelerator Physics
DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics.
The European XFEL is the world leading hard x-ray free electron laser
installation. The group MXL coordinates the operation of the accelerator in close collaboration with an interdisciplinary team of physicists and engineers at DESY and European XFEL. Within this group you will be responsible for the development and implementation of novel Free Electron Laser (FEL) concepts to enhance the capabilities of the facility beyond its present performance.
- Research to shape the future of FEL operation at DESY/European XFEL
- Contribute to the development and implementation of novel FEL concepts within the European XFEL research and development program
- Lead a small team of scientist to perform necessary research work studies
- Continuously scrutinize and optimize the present lasing performance
- Support the daily operation of the European XFEL accelerator through coordination duties and own research
- PhD in accelerator physics
- Several years of professional experience at a free electron laser facility
- Profound knowledge of FEL theory and relevant simulation programs
- Experience in project leadership and coordination
- Ability to integrate into an international team
- Good command of English
For further questions please contact Mr. Winfried Decking, 040- 8998 3430, email@example.com
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-time-work. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be filled with part-time employees.
We are looking forward to your application quoting the reference code preferably via our electronic application System: Online-Application
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Human Resources Department j Code: MMA057/2018
Notkestraße 85 j 22607 Hamburg j Germany j Phone: +49 40 8998-3392
Deadline for applications: 31 October 2018