Scientific Researcher/PostDoctoral Fellow (m/f) for Laser Physics or Laserengineer (m/f)
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,100 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health, and matter.
The Institute of Radiation Physics conducts research for states of matter under extreme conditions and in very small dimensions. The Institute invites applications as Scientific Researcher/PostDoctoral Fellow (m/f) for Laser Physics or Laserengineer (m/f). The position will be available at the earliest possible time. The employment contract is initially limited to two years.
- maintenance, further development and support of UV short pulse Iaser systems for photo injectors at the electron accelerator ELBE
- adjustment, optimization and monitoring of Iaser parameters as well as its documentation in preparation of beam times
- improvement and modification of existing Iaser systems, with strong focus on 4th-harmonic UV generation (FHG)
- development and improvement of Iaser diagnostics, transverse and longitudinal laser beam shaping as well as beam transport
- collaboration with scientific partners and companies for troubleshooting as well as acquisition and commissioning of new Iaser systems
- responsibility for Iaser protection
- completed master or diploma studies in physics, Iaser technique, optics or an equivalent education
- Doctoral degree in Iaser physics (optional for Postdoc)
- experiences in short pulse Iaser systems and higher harmonic generation (SHG, FHG)
- independent and carefully work, quick perception, team work and readiness for integration
- interest in further education and qualification
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on thev collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/ transcripts, etc.) by 25 November 2018 only via Online application https://www.hzdr.de/jobs.
For any questions, do not hesitate to ask: Dr. André Arnold Tel.: +49 351 260 3382
Place of work: Dresden-Rossendorf
Working hours: 39 h/week
Deadline: 25 November 2018
Online application https://www.hzdr.de/jobs
Job-Id: 73/2018 (764)
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400