ELI Beamlines is a European laser research facility where an international team currently installs the world’s most intense laser systems. Once completed, it will enable groundbreaking research not only in the fields of physics and material science, but also in biomedical research and laboratory astrophysics. ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) project is involved in a European project Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud – PaNOSC which aims at developing and providing services for scientific data and integrating them to the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
Scientific Data Management Specialist
You main mission will be to implement solutions for cataloging experimental data and metadata and integrating them into PaNOSC and EOSC. You will collaborate with multiple teams at ELI as well as within PaNOSC project to bring data from their acquisition to publicly accessible web services based on FAIR Data Principles (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable).
- university degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, or related field
- experience with working with scientific data and metadata
- experience with setting up and managing databases
- experience with development of API
- experience with programming in Python
- good knowledge of Linux/Unix programming environmen
- proficiency in English
- experience with machine learning for big data processing
- experience with control systems like TANGO
- experience in European projects and international collaboration
- strana: 2 / 2
- the opportunity to participate in this unique scientific project
- career growth, professional education
- competitive and motivating salary
- 5 weeks of holiday and other employee benefits
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org
, +420 - 601560322).
Information regarding the personal data processing and access to the personal data at the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences can be found on: https://www.fzu.cz/en/processing-of-personal-data