The ELI Project is an integral part of the European plan to build the next generation of large research facilities. ELI-Beamlines as a cutting edge laser facility is currently being commissioned near Prague, Czech Republic. ELI will be delivering ultra-short, ultra-intense laser pulses lasting typically a few tens of femtoseconds (10-100 fs) with peak power projected to reach 10 PW. It will make available multiple synchronized laser beams for sophisticated pumpprobe experiments.
ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) project is involved in a European project Photon and Neutron Open Science Cloud – PaNOSC which aims at developing and providing services for scientific data and integrating them to the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
Scientific Data Management Specialist (Software Engineer)
You main mission will be to implement solutions for cataloging experimental data and metadata and integrating them into PaNOSC and EOSC. You will collaborate with multiple teams at ELI as well as within PaNOSC project to bring data from their acquisition to publicly accessible web services based on FAIR Data Principles (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable).
● university degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, or related
● experience with working with scientific data and metadata
● experience with setting up and managing databases
● experience with development of APIs
● experience with programming in Python
● good knowledge of Linux/Unix programming environment
● proficiency in English
● experience with machine learning for big data processing
● experience with control systems like TANGO
● experience in European projects and international collaborations
- the opportunity to participate in this unique scientific project
- career growth, professional education
- competitive and motivating salary
- 5 weeks of holiday and other employee benefits
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other
material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana
Ženíšková, HR specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org
, +420 - 601560322).
Information regarding the personal data processing and access to the personal data at the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences can be found on: https://www.fzu.cz/en/processing-of-personal-data