QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To provide Land Systems safety engineering skills to external and internal clients and to assist in the development of business growth. Tasking will be provided and supervised by the Project Manager and a Principal Safety Engineers where necessary, though a degree of self-starter experience will be necessary.
What will I be doing?
The primary output for this role will be provision of safety engineering expertise to deliver defined artefacts in support of projects to our clients. Artefact production will cover the whole range of Safety Management System documentation for Land Systems platforms, and the applicant should possess analytical skills to examine evidence to support a safety argument. Other responsibilities include:
- Ensure that work tasks are delivered to the specified time, cost, required quality standards and any other specifications given.
- Provide solutions to problems that are defensible, auditable and which will meet customers’ expectations and needs
- Provide support to time estimates for inputs to bids;
- Ensure that all work performed is consistent with QinetiQ Compliancy Procedures
- Support and develop potential business opportunities within the existing and potential customer base.
- Support effective technical networks with Land Systems customers.
What do I need?
You will have a good understanding of how Land Systems are designed and operated
Knowlodge of Land Systems standards such as JSP454, DSA01.LSSR
Engineering degree or equivalent.
Experience with POSMS is desirable
Why join us?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ.
Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
How to apply
To apply for the role please click on the apply button to submit your application.