The Cherenkov Telescope Array (CTA) is an international effort to build the next generation ground-based observatory for gamma-ray astronomy at very-high energies with 118 telescopes located in the Northern and Southern hemispheres. About 200 research institutions from 31 countries conceived CTA and are involved in designing and prototyping. The Cherenkov Telescope Array Observatory (CTAO) with its Project Office in Bologna (Italy) is responsible for the construction and operation of the two CTA observatory sites, one in the Northern hemisphere on La Palma (Canary Islands, Spain) and one in the Southern hemisphere in Chile, as well as the Science Data Management Centre in Berlin-Zeuthen (Germany). CTA will be the world’s largest and most sensitive instrument for high-energy gamma-ray astronomy with the detailed design and preparation well underway. It will be built with a significant amount of in-kind contributions from participating institutions. For its Project Office in Bologna (Italy), the CTAO is seeking a
Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the CTA Director’s office, the Risk Manager will support the Managing Director in the Risk Management, Quality & Compliance throughout the entire project to ensure adherence to applicable policies, procedure and regulations.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Identifies, analyzes, and evaluates risk through the use of an assessment methodology and procedures for the company’s assets, relationships, processes and functions
- Produces the risk management plan
- Provides targeted and quantifiable reporting of Risk Management activities, including all aspects of the metrics/reporting lifecycle management.
- Maintains a customized process, risk and control framework to improve the organization’s risk profile by aligning with regulatory, leading practices and internal requirements
- Monitors key risk indicators (KRIs) and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Ensures continual alignment to the business and strategy through its oversight of the Risk Management framework and processes
- Understands the project organizational structure and culture to best attain objectives and results
CTAO Managing Director
Qualification and Experience:
CTAO is seeking an experienced candidate in risk, quality and compliance management with a University degree in Engineering, preferably with an MBA.
The successful candidate should possess:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of risk management/quality compliance management is required
- Relevant professional certifications preferred
- Experience in a large and complex research project would be an asset
- Knowledge of risk management strategies
- Strong understanding of quality and compliance system
- Audit experience with regulatory body
- Experience in the implementation of processes following Italian Legislative Decree No. 231/2001 will be considered an asset
- Computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Must be able to travel regularly among sites
- Ability to work effectively as a team player in an international, multi-cultural, distributed and complex project environment
- Ability to focus strategically while maintaining a tactical focus
- Ability to adapt emerging best practices and industry innovations
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships inside the organization and with project partners
Remuneration and Contract:
- Excellent writing and organizational skills with an eye for detail, precision and consistency
- Excellent communication skills and a command of English are essential
- Other languages, in particular, Italian, Spanish and German are an asset
CTAO offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive salary.
The contract is an open term contract subject to successful completion of the probation period.
CTAO Project Office in Bologna, Italy.
Applications with full CV and a cover letter in English should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
, indicating position reference “Risk Manager” and the names of three referees with contact details.
By submitting applications candidates acknowledge we might contact referees at any stage of the process without prior notice.
CTAO is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please visit www.cta-observatory.org, or contact the Supervisor: CTAO Managing Director Prof. Federico Ferrini, email@example.com
Closing date: 30 July 2019