Project Leader / Senior Project Leader
Friction & Forge Processes (FFP) Section
Granta Park, Cambridge
An enthusiastic project leader/engineer sought to join the busy Friction and Forge Processes Section in Abington, Cambridge. The Friction & Forge Processes (FFP) team delivers a wide range of challenging R&D projects for customers internationally across all industrial sectors.
The successful candidate can expect to work on a variety of technical research projects and business development activities, covering a range of joining processes, including Linear Friction Welding, Friction Stir Welding, Rotary Friction Welding and Friction Stir Spot Welding. A strong technical background in delivering engineering or materials science projects is most desirable. So too is your experience in creating and applying innovation.
This role involves liaising with prestigious companies and at events throughout the world, therefore, applicants are expected to travel for work.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following attributes:
Desirable attributes also include:
- Strong technical background in applied engineering, materials science or related topics ideally within a Research Institute Organisation
- At least three years’ experience in a relevant engineering environment such as in the Friction welding field
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to be able to write and present technical subject matter
- Team-member mentality and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct and co-ordinate Research Projects with relevant partners and stakeholders
- Aptitude for building business relationships and seeking out new opportunities
- Specific experience in working with friction joining technologies and processes
- An appreciation of metallurgy and thermal effects and analysis
TWI’s FFP section has an international reputation for technical excellence, innovation and achievement, and an unrivalled range of research equipment and facilities. This varied and challenging role offers an opportunity to work with one of the World’s leading R&D organisations, on projects of international significance.
Job Profile: Senior Project Leader or Project Leader
Job Role: Senior Project Leader or Project Leader, Technology
Hours: 36 hours p/wk.
No. of vacancies: 2
Closing Date: Monday 18th February 2019
To find out more about TWI and our corporate culture please visit our website:
To apply, please click on the apply button above.