We have a superb opportunity for a Product Cost Engineer with solid experience in manufacturing Cost Management to take their career up a notch into the lucrative world of international management consultancy. The company is a highly regarded Engineering Consultancy with a solid track record of delivering serious improvements in product design and manufacturing technologies to clients around the world. They have now applied their vast expertise in manufacturing efficiency to create a brand new suite of Product Cost Management software. As the new product hits the market they require an experienced Cost Engineer to provide support and consultancy to customers around the globe and to assist with the ongoing development of the product.
The perfect candidate for the role will have excellent knowledge of product costing, optimisation and manufacturing efficiency, ideally in a large scale international manufacturing environment such as automotive production or similar engineering sectors. Your expertise should focus on cost estimation, manufacturing performance improvement and competitor analysis.
We believe this to be a superb opportunity for an experienced Cost Engineer to step up from a 'run-of-the-mill' internal role to a dynamic management consultancy environment with a corresponding improvement in earnings potential coupled with excellent further career development opportunities.
Product Cost Engineer responsibilities:
* Active participation in developing and delivering a web-based cloud benchmarking and cost engineering platform across different industries and markets (Europe, Asia & North America)
* Close co-ordination with colleagues & clients in successful collaborative cost excellence projects
* Active participation of delivery of cost optimisation projects for external clients
* Support teardowns, benchmarking activities and bottom-up costing that will form the crux of the comparative cost optimisation platform
* Play a key part in the development of the toolset / product
* Delivery of calculations and subsequent quality assurance responsibilities for calculations & data
* Idea generation through successful co-ordination and running of VAVE Workshops.
* Approval and implementation of innovative cost management ideas
Product Cost Engineer Requirements
- A degree in engineering or a related technical discipline
* Work experience in the automotive industry or similar manufacturing company, preferably in a mechanical, electronic or process engineering capacity
* relevant experience within one of the following areas; electronics systems, powertrain, chassis, body/exterior and interior would also be advantageous
* Strong and demonstrable product/process engineering knowledge
* Experience in Cost Estimating and use of appropriate tools
* Competence in project management / process analysis / Lean Manufacturing Management / manufacturing technology
* Good structured/analytical thinking, planning and implementation skills
* Excellent communication, presentation skills and negotiation skills
* Previous experience in an international environment and willing to travel/work away from home.
A second European language would be an added benefit.
Vacancy Location: Central London with frequent travel both in the UK and Internationally.