Join our team
European XFEL is an international non-profit company located in the Hamburg area in Germany. It operates a 3.4 km long X-ray laser, which produces X-rays of unique quality for studies in physics, chemistry, the life sciences, materials research and other disciplines. The diverse scientific facilities at European XFEL enable scientists from across the globe to carry out a wide range of experimental techniques. Early user operation started in September 2017.
Our X-Ray Optics group is looking for a
Postdoctoral researcher for development of diamond channel cut monochromator (f/m/d)
• design and commissioning of the diamond cryo-cooled channel cut monochromator for the full repetition rate operation at European XFEL
• experimental characterization of X-ray diamond channel cut monochromator prototypes at synchrotrons and X-ray free electron lasers
• experimental data evaluation and processing
• presenting results obtained during duration of the position in scientific conferences and peer reviewed journal
• PhD in experimental physics, x-ray diffraction, x-ray imaging, x-ray crystal optics or a related discipline
• knowledge of X-ray crystal optics, x-ray imaging methods
• practical experience of x-ray diffraction methods at synchrotron radiation sources
• ability to conduct independent research
• highly developed communication skills and willingness to work in a diverse team of international scientists, engineers and technicians
• English is the working language, knowledge of German is considered an asset
For additional information, please contact Dr. Maurizio Vannoni (email@example.com
Working place will be Schenefeld in the Hamburg metropolitan area. General information on working in Germany, the Hamburg area and the European XFEL can be found under www.xfel.eu/careers
Become part of a vibrant international and multicultural team of scientists, engineers, technical, and administrative staff. Be involved in cutting edge scientific and technical progress, participate in our international networks, and shape your life upon trust-based flexible working times and telecommuting options. Experience our atmosphere of tolerance and respect.
Salary and benefits are similar to those of public service organizations in Germany. In addition, European XFEL provides a non-contributory company pension scheme, broad relocation benefits, a subsidized job-ticket for the local public transportation system, as well as our brand-new company restaurant BeamStop. The European XFEL GmbH employs a diverse, broadly international staff. Non-German candidates hired from abroad receive an international allowance.
This appointment is limited to 2 years.
Please apply online and provide a cover letter next to a CV in English, as well as your work certificates in one single pdf-file.