The ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) Project is an integral part of the European plan to build the next generation of large research facilities. ELI-Beamlines as a cuttingedge laser facility is currently being constructed near Prague, Czech Republic; its commissioning has started already at the end of 2017. ELI will be delivering ultrashort,
ultra-intense laser pulses lasting typically a few tens of femtoseconds (100 fs)with peak power projected to reach 10 PW. It will make available time synchronized laser beams over a wide range of intensities for multi-disciplinary applications in physics, medicine, biology, material science etc. The high laser electric field intensities
of the laser pulse will be also used for generating secondary sources of e- and p+ and high-energy photons.
The research group RP2 (Laser driven X-ray sources) is expanding and
recruiting physicists in relevant fields for implementation and further
development of the sources (plasma betatron or inverse Compton source).
In our team we therefore have the following position available:
Laser driven X-ray sources from relativistic electron beams
The candidate is supposed to work predominantly on the following
- Development of an X-ray source based on laser driven relativistic electrons, its diagnostics, and application experiments.
- Participation in implementation and verification of the source driven by a 10Hz 1 PW laser at ELI Beamlines facility.
- Further research and development of the sources and application experiments.
- PhD in physics or related field.
- Experience with laser-driven X-ray sources.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English is necessary.
- Ability to lead an relatively independent research programme
- The opportunity to participate in this unique scientific project
- Career growth, professional education
- Competitive and motivating salary
- 5 weeks of holiday and other employee benefits
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR Project Manager (email@example.com).
Information regarding the personal data processing and access to the personal data at the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences can be found on: https://www.fzu.cz/en/processing-of-personal-data.