What you will do
Quantum computing promises a strong enhancement of the computational power. Si quantum platforms benefit from well-established microelectronics fabrication techniques, enabling large scale qubit integration. These electron spin-based qubits can be implemented in Si when operating at cryogenic temperatures. To design accurately the electronics that controls the qubits, it is essential to predict the influence of cryogenic temperatures on the transistors parameters. At such low temperatures, effects such as dopant freeze-out and charge trapping have been observed, but the actual impact of these effects in advanced CMOS technology remains largely unexplored.
In this job, you will use a calibrated compact model extracted on real hardware data to design a real Si quantum circuit platform.
Besides experimentalists who will work the hardware characterization, you will interact closely with physicists, TCAD engineers, device and process integration engineers, as well as system architect.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary.
Who you are
- You have PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics or another related topic.
- Good knowledge of device physics, technology and Mixed circuit design is required
- We value your custom design background in Virtuoso for doing circuit design.
- We are looking for a communicative team player, who is still able to work independently.
- We like your initiative and your persuasive and assertive yet constructive attitude.
- We appreciate your flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.
This postdoctoral position is funded by imec through KU Leuven. Because of the specific financing statute which targets international mobility for postdocs, only candidates who did not stay or work/study in Belgium for more than 24 months in the past 3 years can be considered for the position (short stays such as holiday, participation in conferences, etc. are not taken into account).