DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics. More than 2400 employees work at our two locations Hamburg and Zeuthen in science, technology and administration.
The DESY ATLAS Detector Development Group in Zeuthen is responsible for the development and construction of a significant fraction of the silicon strip detector modules for the ATLAS Phase-II tracking detector upgrade. The production phase is close at hand and the current major focus is on module quality and performance tests. There are opportunities to perform generic detector R&D within the ATLAS group or collaborating with the astroparticle detector development group. For the project we are looking for an experienced scientist in the field of detector physics and development.
- Development of testing procedures and setups in coordination with the international ITk strip tracker project
- Assembly and quality control of ITk strip tracker modules
- Supervision of students
- Documentation of procedures and results and presentation in international meetings
- Own research in either detector physics or HEP data analysis
- Ph.D. in physics or similar discipline
- Experience in work with silicon tracking detectors or similar instrumentation
- Ability and wish to work in a team environment and to supervise students
- Very good language and communication skills
- Preferably experience in working with cleanrooms, electronics and with python/C++/ROOT
For further information please contact Ingo Bloch +49 33762 7-7392.
The position is limited to 3 years.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-time-work. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be filled with part-time employees.
We are looking forward to your application via our application system: