For our location in Hamburg we are seeking:
Physicists or Engineer as Head of the Cryogenics Group
DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics. More than 2400 employees work at our two locations Hamburg and Zeuthen in science, technology and administration.
Within the accelerator division, the Cryogenics Group (MKS) is responsible for the construction and operation of the cryo plant to supply Helium for superconducting accelerator components and experimental facilities. Furthermore, the group is involved in the further development of accelerator components. The tasks are performed by a competent and experienced team of about 50 employees, including scientists, engineers and technicians. The fields of work include cryo-engineering, design, process control engineering, welding technology and operation of the cryo plant. We are looking for a qualified physicist or engineer as a group leader.
- Head of the Cryogenics Group with responsibility for the design, planning, construction and operation of the cryo plant to supply Helium for superconducting accelerator components and experiments
- Work organization and personnel responsibility for the group's employees
- Occupational safety in the fields of work of the group MKS
- Presentation of the work in scientific publications, at conferences and in committees
- Master in physics or engineering with PhD or a comparable qualification
- Good knowledge in low temperature physics and technology, applied thermodynamics, as well as process control engineering and process technology
- Many years of relevant professional experience in the construction and operation of large cryo plants or comparable industrial facilities
- Proven knowlegde and experience in occupational safety in the area of work of the group MKS
- Experience and knowledge in project management is desired
For further questions please contact Mr. Wim Leemans 040-8998-2010, email@example.com
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-timework. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be filled with part-time employees.
We are looking forward to your application via our application system: www.desy.de/onlineapplication
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Human Resources Department | Code: MMA032/2019 Notkestraße 85 | 22607 Hamburg Germany Phone: +49 40 8998-3392 http://www.desy.de/career
Deadline for applications: 2019/08/21