The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2100 people.
For the coordination of the Swiss Accelerator Research and Technology Program CHART we are looking for a
Physicist / Engineer
with a background in physics and technology of particle accelerators
- Administration of the CHART program that involves a broad spectrum of accelerator science and technological developments
- Networking and coordination between the partner institutions including CERN, PSI, EPFL, ETHZ and University of Geneva
- Coordination of scientific and financial reporting to the funding institutions
- Project and resource planning, definition of milestones and deliverables
- Organisation of project meetings and workshops
- Participation in selected activities of the program
- PhD degree in physics
- Experience in accelerator physics or a technology that is related to particle accelerators
- Experience with scientific project management
- Communicative outgoing personality
- Teamplayer with organisational skills
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
This is a fixed-term position. The employment contract will (initially) be limited to three years.
For further information, please contact Dr Mike Seidel, phone +41 56 310 33 78.
Please submit your application online for the position as a Physicist / Engineer (index no. 8000-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management, Patrizia Meister, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland