The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) is a forward-looking comprehensive research university with a global vision. As one of the larger departments at CUHK, the Department of Physics (http://www.phy.cuhk.edu.hk/
) strives to accomplish the university’s mission through actively nurturing our research students with professional skills.
The Department of Physics invites applications for fully funded PhD/MPhil studentships in Physics
and in Materials Science and Engineering
starting August 2020. Successful applicants will conduct state-of-the-art experimental and theroretical research broadly in the areas of
- Particle physics
- Condensed matter physics
- Atomic, molecular and optical physics
- Nanoscience and technology
- Quantum science and technology
- Energy materials
- Complex systems
Further information on research projects can be found at http://www.phy.cuhk.edu.hk/pgadm.html
As a leading physics department in Hong Kong with nearly 30 teaching staff and over 100 research postgraduate students, you will be joining a vibrant department with a long tradition of excellence in research and teaching. Successful applicants will engage in full time research plus some course work. They will receive a generous studentship (currently HKD17, 330/month for 12 months a year) which comes with some teaching duties. PhD students will be supported for 4 years (or 3 years if they hold a master's degree). MPhil students will be supported for 2 years.
- Contact potential supervisor for information on research project, see for contacts
- Contact CUHK Physics Department Office at email@example.com or call +(852) 39436302 for instructions on how to submit an application
- Complete the application as soon as possible. For highly qualified applicants who wish to apply for Hong Kong Postgraduate Fellowship Scheme (https://www.gs.cuhk.edu.hk/admissions/scholarships-fees/hkpfs), the application must be submitted by 15 November 2019
- Have satisfied the English language proficiency requirement based on TOEFL, IELTS, or other forms as specified by the Graduate School
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and entrance exam.