The Vienna Doctoral School in Physics (VDS-P) selects ambitious young researchers from all over the world to integrate and support them on their way to a physics doctorate at the University of Vienna. We offer attractive research opportunities in experimental, theoretical and computational physics.
Why work with us
As a VDS fellow, you will have a regular employment at the University of Vienna and you will be part of a visible community of young scientists. We offer numerous academic and social activities to connect you with your peers, professors and international scientists. We also offer some travel grants to support students attending international conferences and summer schools.
Training and development
The VDS Physics has established a core group of students and faculty, who
- Are driven by a spirit of scientific excellence and integrity.
- Explore best practice models of PhD training.
- Identify synergies among the students and the faculty.
- Provide a common support structure for doctoral training.
- Supervise students in their research.
- Support students in their scientific development.
- Support the development of transferable skills.
What we are looking for
We are looking for well trained, highly motivated young scholars and researchers who have:
- A Master’s degree in physics or a bachelor’s degree with honours (at the time of their employment).
- Very good academic credits and references.
- The interest and drive required for frontier research.
- An additional interest in participating in the extracurricular social and scientific activities in the VDS-P.
How to Apply
New PhD positions are announced on our website here, vds-physics.univie.ac.at
University of Vienna
Faculty of Physics
Tel: +43 1427751204