LumOptica is a growing laser and optical technology company. We work with some of the largest technology companies in the world as well as UK government and MOD, through a combination of commercial contract research and development and in-house technology development.
Owing to growth in commercial work and winning a number of research proposals in innovative laser concepts, we are now seeking optical engineers/physicists to join us.
This is a very hands-on role and you will be involved in all aspects of R&D, from developing solutions to meet our clients’ challenges, preparing proposals, planning and conducting experimental campaigns and providing results in written and verbal form. It is essential that you are a self-starter but also that you can work effectively in a team and with customers. We are committed to continuing professional development and will provide training where required and the opportunity to attend and present at conferences. An eagerness and ability to learn new concepts is essential.
- Experience in optical systems R&D and/or engineering, ideally in an industrial environment
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in physics or relevant engineering field
- Good working knowledge of optics and lasers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work well within a team and interfacing with customers
- Eligible to obtain UK security clearance
- You are curious with a desire to learn new technologies and skills
- PhD/EngD degree in optics, lasers or photonics
- Working knowledge of ZEMAX or similar
- Working knowledge of COMSOL or similar
- Programming experience, e.g. Python, C++
- Laboratory experience and knowledge of data acquisition and device control (e.g. LabVIEW)
- UK SC security cleared
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company with the chance to make a real difference. We offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, discretionary bonus, flexible working. Send CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org