The Physics Division (https://www.physics.lbl.gov/
) at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) invites applications for a Staff Scientist position in Experimental Particle Physics. The Physics Division conducts world-leading research in experimental and theoretical particle physics and cosmology. We are seeking a candidate whose expertise would strengthen the existing neutrino program of the Division, in particular the Deep Underground Neutrino Experiment (DUNE).
The LBNL Neutrino Group is involved in a number of projects on DUNE ranging from the Near Detector design, pixel-based TPC readout electronics, readout electronics for the wire-based Far Detectors, oscillation analyses, ProtoDUNE, and High Performance Computing using NERSC (https://www.nersc.gov/
) resources. The successful candidate is expected to take a leading role in several of these areas. Expertise in some of these areas can be developed while in the position. Applicants should have two or more years of experience beyond PhD related to experimental particle physics, or overall equivalent experience, and have demonstrated original achievements in research.
The appointment may be either career-track or career, depending on experience. The career-track Staff Scientist position is a five-year appointment with the expectation of promotion to a career position as a Staff Scientist.
Berkeley Lab values a diverse workforce and culture of inclusion, which are keys to attracting and engaging the brightest minds to further our record of scientific excellence and groundbreaking innovations (https://diversity.lbl.gov
). Applications from women, minorities and other under represented groups are strongly encouraged.
How To Apply:
Please visit Academic Jobs Online to create a profile and submit the requested application materials. Note that applications can only be made via this Academic Jobs Online URL: http://188.8.131.52/counter.php?id=170964
The following requested application materials listed below must be submitted through Academic Jobs Online:
• Cover Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Statement describing research interests
• Publication List
• At least five letters of reference submitted, with at least four external to LBNL/UC Berkeley, and at least one from outside the USA.
For inquiries, please contact Kelly Rushing @ KRushing@lbl.gov.
The posting will remain open until the position is filled, however, for full consideration, please submit all application materials by December 2, 2019.
• This is a full time, M-F, exempt from overtime pay (monthly paid), Career-Track (Term) or Career appointment. The Career-Track (Term) position has the possibility of extension for up to five years and/or promotion to a Career appointment, based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds, and ongoing operational needs.
• This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
• The primary location for this appointment will be the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA. However, work may also be performed at other experimental sites according to research needs, including but not limited to Fermilab (Illinois), CERN (Geneva, Switzerland) and SURF (S. Dakota).
Learn About Us:
Berkeley Lab (LBNL,http://www.lbl.gov/
) addresses the world’s most urgent scientific challenges by advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in 1931, Berkeley Lab’s scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
LBNL is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) national laboratory managed by the University of California for the DOE Office of Science. It has an excellent benefits program, which you can read about at: (https://commons.lbl.gov/display/hr/Benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html
) under 41 CFR 60-1.4. Click here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
) to view the poster and supplement: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, and other underrepresented groups presently considering scientific research careers. groups presently considering scientific research careers.