is one of three global campuses of New York University (NYU), together with NYU’s main campus in New York City and NYU
Abu Dhabi. Based in the heart of Shanghai, China and international in outlook, NYU Shanghai seeks to cultivate globally-minded graduates and citizens through innovative teaching, world class research, and a commitment to public service. NYU Shanghai’s student body currently consists of 1,300 undergraduate and graduate students, half of whom are from China. Students from the United States and some 70 other countries represent the other half. English is the language of instruction on campus, with all day-to-day operations performed in English.
NYU Shanghai, in partnership with the NYU Graduate School of Arts and Science (GSAS) and the NYU Department of Physics, invites applications from exceptional students for PhD study and research in Physics. Participating students are enrolled in the NYU GSAS Physics PhD program, complete their coursework at the NYU Department of Physics in New York, and then transition to full-time residence at NYU Shanghai where they undertake their doctoral research under the supervision of NYU Shanghai faculty. Some highlights of the program:
- NYU degree upon graduation
- Graduate coursework at the NYU Department of Physics in New York
- Research opportunities with and close mentorship by NYU Shanghai faculty, in the booming scientific environment of China
- Access to the vast intellectual resources of NYU GSAS and NYU Department of Physics
- Cutting-edge research environment at NYU Shanghai, including the Institute of Physics, activities such as a regular program of seminars and visiting academics, a thriving community of PhD students and post-doctoral fellows, and links with other universities within and outside China
- Financial aid through the NYU Shanghai Doctoral Fellowship, including tuition, fees, and an annual stipend equal to stipends received by all NYU Physics PhD students
- Additional benefits exclusive to the NYU Shanghai program, including international health insurance, housing assistance in New York, and travel funds.
Multiple PhD positions in condensed matter physics, fluid dynamics, atomic molecular optics, and quantum information are now available. The closing date for application is 18 December 2018
. Accepted candidates are expected to start no later than September 2019.
For further information and instructions on how to apply, please visit our website: https://shanghai.nyu.edu/academics/graduate/physics-phd-program