We are ready to build our accelerator. Are you?
- implementation, commissioning and operation of the LLRF system of the high-power superconducting linac
- compliance with the exceptionally high reliability requirements, e.g. by enabling the envisaged fast fault tolerance scheme of the main linac
- master’s or PhD degree in electrical engineering or physics
- experience with programming of embedded systems is required
MYRRHA will be the world’s first sub-critical, particle accelerator-driven reactor to safely produce nuclear energy while solving the nuclear waste issue. But there’s still a lot of work to be done, such as constructing MINERVA – the project’s first implementation phase that consists of a 100 MeV high-power, superconducting particle accelerator and a proton target facility for the development of (new) medical radioisotopes.
The beam commissioning of this accelerator facility is scheduled for 2026. In this position, you will:
To join this frontier, you'll need
- be responsible for the MicroTCA-based LLRF system of the MINERVA linear accelerator
- develop the 352-MHz LLRF system together with collaboration partners, starting from an existing 176 MHz system (operational in our injector test stand)
- have to ensure meeting the exceptionally high reliability requirements of the accelerator, e.g. by enabling the envisaged fast fault tolerance scheme of the main linac
- install and commission the LLRF system, support the linac operation
- align the interface with the other technical systems (RF, controls, operation)
To apply, please click the red apply button above.
- master’s or PhD degree in electrical engineering, physics or equivalent
- experience with programming of embedded systems
- experience in the development, implementation and operation of LLRF systems is a strong asset
- ability to communicate in a multidisciplinary, international environment
- good knowledge of English; knowledge of French/Dutch is considered an extra asset
+32 (0)14 33 83 09