European Synchrotron Radiation Facility
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
The System and Communication Group (SCG) provides the computing resources and services to support the ESRF in its scientific missions. The SC Group is made of 4 Units: UNIX, Windows, Network and the Helpdesk.
The UNIX unit duties include the users support, definition of technical solutions as well as the management of Data storage and archiving. The main challenge is to validate and implement state-of-the-art data management solutions, while ensuring a very high level of availability and IT-security. To fulfill this mission, the candidate shall have in-depth experience in the following areas:
- LINUX Systems administration,
- Storage management (GPFS, BeeGFS, NFS...),
- User support.
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent 300 ECTS diploma) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent,
- 7 to 10 years of professional experience as LINUX systems administrator and large scale data management
- Experience in managing a small team of IT specialists
- In-depth knowledge of LINUX system administration
- Knowledge of Python would be considered an asset
- Excellent relational skills, team spirit, a service-oriented attitude
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF) and able to write technical documentation.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed.
The monthly salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).