DESY is one of the world’s leading research centres for photon science, particle and astroparticle physics as well as accelerator physics. More than 2400 employees work at our two locations Hamburg and Zeuthen in science, technology and administration.
DESY's laser science and technology group is responsible for research, development and operations of high power femtosecond and picosecond lasers for particle accelerators and free electron lasers (FEL). We are currently developing photocathode Laser systems for the European X-ray free electron Laser and are seeking to employ a self-driven highly motivated Laser scientist or Laser engineer (f/m/diverse) to strengthen our Team.
- Develop, design and construct high power short pulse Iaser systems with high stability and reliability for photoelectron guns
- Develop nonlinear frequency conversion to the UV
- Develop concepts for spatial and temporal picosecond UV laser pulse diagnostics and pulse manipulation
- Interact with laser, controls and accelerator scientists and engineers
- Master or equivalent in Physics, Electrical engineering or similar discipline, PhD is a plus
- Experience in ultra fast Iaser research and development with proven track record
- Skills in high-power, high-repetition rate fiber laser development beneficial
- Basic knowledge and experience in opto-mechanical engineering is a plus
- Working knowledge of electronics, controls and software Engineering
- Ability to work independent within a team of scientists and engineers
- Ability to communicate effectively in a multilingual, multi-disciplinary research environment
For further information please contact Dr. Ingmar Hartl (Ingmar.email@example.com)
The position is limited to 2 years.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with those of public service organisations in Germany. Classification is based upon qualifications and assigned duties. Handicapped persons will be given preference to other equally qualified applicants. DESY operates flexible work schemes. DESY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women. Vacant positions at DESY are in general open to part-time-work. During each application procedure DESY will assess whether the post can be filled with part-time employees.
We are looking forward to your application via our application system: Online Application
Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY
Human Resources Department | Code: FSMA079/2019
Notkestraße 85 | 22607 Hamburg
Phone: 040 8998-3392
Deadline for applications: 2019/02/12