Hotlab Manager (m/f)
SCK•CEN is one of the largest research institutions in Belgium. Every day, more than 700 employees dedicate themselves to developing peaceful applications of radioactivity. Our developments have already resulted in a long list of innovative and forward-looking applications for the medical world, industry and the energy sector. We are renowned for our expertise world-wide.
The hotlab manager takes responsability for the:
- Safe and good operation of the NMS (hot)labs;
- Alignment of the hot lab management approaches in both hotlab locations with respect for the individual characteristics of the labs and their activities;
- Assuring the know-how and flexibility in hot lab/cell operation, maintenance, modification, etc.;
- Strategic alignment of infrastructure investments with programmatic objectives of the infrastructure funds and evolution of the user interests;
- Establishing long term investment and maintenance plans together with unit heads;
- Economic analysis of the hotlab internal operation with management of the cost model and optimisation of the costs;
- Optimisation of marketing and visibility of the hotlab capabilities;
- Asset and ageing management, licensing, safety reviews, interaction with safety authorities
- Modernisation and quality enhancement of the operations;
- Personnel management in a multi-disciplinary team in order to achieve the objectives.
- a PhD in Science, Master's degree in Applied Sciences or equivalent;
- experience in managing laboratories;
- knowledge of a nuclear environment and its licensing processes;
- driven by safety;
- driven to achieve a high standard in analytical results;
- service-oriented with attention to budgets and timing;
- analytical and synthetic thinking skills;
- good communication skills and an ability to conduct international contacts with ease;
- good people management skills and the ability to motivate when managing personnel;
- good knowledge of Dutch, English and French.
- A challenging and varied job;
- Opportunities for self-development in an absorbing, international research environment;
- Extensive training opportunities within and outside your area of expertise;
- An attractive remuneration package with non-statutory benefits;
- Located in wooded area to ensure you a traffic jam free environment.
Please apply via our website and contact Maïté Rosez for more info +32 14 33 22 01.