As Technical Engineer in the Handling Equipment Management Section, you will take part in the design, specification, installation, commissioning, maintenance and performance monitoring of about 350 cranes, 900 hoists, 130 lifts and miscellaneous other handling equipment of which many are of strategical importance for the operation of CERNs accelerator complex and its Experiments.
- Organize, coordinate and supervise maintenance interventions.
- Plan, schedule and supervise installation and repair works in collaboration with the services concerned.
- Ensure that the work performed complies with assembly drawings, priorities and deadlines.
- Keep the installation files up-to-date (technical files, equipment lists, etc).
- Either provide technical input for or write design and technical specifications.
- Monitor the handling equipment performance by using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
- Elaborate optimized maintenance and consolidation plans.
- Ensure compliance with safety rules for all activities described above.
- Initial experience in the installation and commissioning of handling equipment;
- Initial experience in the maintenance of handling equipment.
- Operation and maintenance of electromechanical equipment and systems;
- Installation and commissioning of lifting and handling equipment;
- Organisation, planning and control: organization, coordination and follow up of installation and maintenance interventions in relation with site / building responsible and contractors;
- Use of office software packages.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://home.cern/about/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 22.03.2019.
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in radiation areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence is required.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Job grade: 4-5 (6597-9421 Swiss Francs per month)
Job reference: EN-HE-HEM-2019-9-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Electromechanical Technical Engineer
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further