GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung in Darmstadt operates one of the leading particle accelerators for science. In the next few years, the new FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research) one of the world‘s largest research projects, will be built in international cooperation. GSI and FAIR offer the opportunity to work together in this international environment with a team of employees committed to ensuring each day to conduct world-class science.
Within the department „Accelerator Operations/Linac RF” (Linear Accelerator Radiofrequency) we invite now qualified candidates to apply for the following position
Graduate Engineer or Master of Science (m/f)
Electrical Engineering / RF Technology or High Voltage Technology (TU/FH)
Ref. No. 6630-18.169
or comparable qualification.
Your tasks within the framework of the FAIR project and the operation as well as modernization of the existing high-frequency systems of GSI‘s heavy-ion linear accelerators are:
- Operation, maintenance and modernization of RF amplifier systems of up to 2 MW power (semiconductor and tube amplifier stages in pulse and continuous wave (cw) operation at 36 MHz up to 325 MHz) and the corresponding high voltage power supplies up to 24 kV as well as their sub-components for control and feedback control systems.
- Support and further development of the interfaces between the RF components and the higher-level control and monitoring units of the accelerator systems
- System integration and documentation
- Degree (Graduate or Master) in electrical engineering (or comparable)
- Knowledge in RF amplifier technology or high voltage technology
- Analogue and digital circuit development using common tools (Eagle, KiCAD, etc.)
- Good knowledge of German and English spoken and written
- Independently acting in smaller subprojects and readiness to work in new fields of activity
The ability to work in a team and a solution-oriented way of working are required. We offer a position with a high degree of selfreliance within the department of Linac RF.
We offer a permanent position. The salary is equivalent to that for public employees as specified in the collective agreement for public employees (TVöD Bund).
FAIR supports the vocational development of women. Therefore women are especially encouraged to apply for the position.
Handicapped persons will be preferentially considered when equally qualified.
Further information about FAIR and GSI is available at www.gsi.de and www.fair-center.eu.
If you find this position interesting and challenging and would like to work in an exceptional, international, strongly technical
environment, please send your full application documents, including the desired salary, with information of your earliest possible starting date and the reference number above to the following address by December, 28th, 2018 to
GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org