Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States, Associate Member States and Non-Member States. In case of equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to applicants from Member States and Associate Member States.
Contract type: Indefinite contract.
Special conditions which may be required depending on the needs of the Organization in the future:
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays;
- Work in radiation controlled areas;
- Interventions in underground installations.
Application process and closing date
In order to submit your application, click on the green box 'I’m interested' on the right hand side of the screen, and select your preferred way of applying e.g. 'fill manually'. Only name and email are mandatory fields, the rest is optional.
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- A Curriculum Vitae.
- A list of your 10 most important publications indicating where you have been a principal contributor or a co-author.
- A covering letter giving your research interests and plans as well as your motivation in applying for the IC post.
- A copy of your PhD degree.
- In addition to the above, three letters of recommendation are required. They should be recent (not more than 1 year old, although they may refer to previous work).
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email, which contains a link that you share with your referees. By using this link, they can upload their reference letter in a confidential manner directly to your application. Please note that you will not, however, be able to see the letter in your applicant profile. We recommend that you allocate sufficient time to complete this step before the publication closing date.
- Should you have any difficulties in applying, please contact Jenni Suutala at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should reach us no later than 02.06.2020 at noon Geneva time (CEST).
Job grade: 6-7
Job reference: EP-DI-2020-1-IC
Benchmark Job Title: Research Physicist
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further.