Electronics Technical Engineer
As an Electronics Technical Engineer and after a period of intensive training, you will :
- Take responsibility in collaboration with design engineers, for the design, manufacture and assembly of laboratory-based test systems to characterize ASICs and ASIC-detector assemblies. Advise designers on best practices for optimal integration of ASICs on test boards.
- Participate in preparation and execution of validation and production tests of ASIC's and ASIC-detector assemblies both on the bench and at a dedicated probe station. Interpret results and propose and develop technical solutions where necessary.
- Assist with the operation, maintenance and upgrading of dedicated laboratory instruments, probe station, test equipment and general laboratory facilities.
- Maintain a database of components.
- Design and procure probe cards and small PCBs for ASICs and ASIC assemblies.
- Provide technical assistance and logistical support to users of the devices including the setting up and debugging of test systems in labs and in test beam areas.
- Interface with specialized companies dealing with packaging of integrated circuits and their mounting on front-end modules.
Diploma: Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of electronics engineering or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in the field of electronics, preferably using ASICs
- Demonstrated experience with design, test and production of electronics boards incorporating ASICs
- Experience with the use of CAD tools for schematic and layout of printed circuit boards
- Experience with at least one modern programming language (e.g. C)
- Experience with at least one popular operating system (e.g. Windows or Linux)
- Experience in the following fields will be considered as an advantage:
- Semiconductor sensors
- Device testing with radiation (sources or X-rays)
- Wafer testing on probe stations
- Laboratory data acquisition and test software packages, such as LabVIEW
- Testing and measurement of analog microelectronic circuits
- Testing and measurement of digital microelectronic circuits
- Layout of electronic circuit boards: including chip on board
- Fabrication of electronic circuit boards
- Packaging of electronic components
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://home.cern/about/member-states)
Closing date 10.02.2019
Contract type: Limited duration contract (5 years).