Director of the INFN FRASCATI NATIONAL LABORATORY (LNF)
INFN seeks a distinguished scientist to fill the position of Director of Laboratori Nazionali di Frascati (LNF website: www.lnf.infn.it). The appointment is intended for four years (with the possibility for a renewal) and its starting date will be the 1st of August, 2019.
LNF hosts, amongst other more standard facilities (like workshops, assembly halls, computing facilities and clean rooms):
- an e+e- storage ring (DAFNE) equipped with the Crab-Waist scheme at the interaction region running at the Phi mass c.m. energy
- a Syncrotron Radiation Laboratory
- a Beam Test Facility
- a Laboratory (SPARC_LAB) where a high brilliance 200 MEV electron beam is used to produce a FEL, TeraHertz radiation and can interact with a 220 TW Ti:Sa laser to perform, amongst other, PWA studies or to produce, via Thomson Scattering, a photon beam for dedicated experiments
- a facility to reproduce Outer Space conditions and where tests and characterizations for experiments and detectors for Outer Space are carried out
In the framework of the EuPRAXIA project (http://www.eupraxia-project.eu
) LNF is planning a major future overhaul of its plasma Lab infrastructure, to possibly host a future European facility in the field.
Research activities carried out at LNF, also in collaboration with other international labs like CERN, mainly cover Particle, Nuclear and Astroparticle Physics, Accelerators Technologies, Radiation Detectors R&D and Material Sciences. Numerous and Nation-wide activities on Outreach and Dissemination of Scientific Culture are also in the portfolio of the Frascati INFN Labs.
The successful candidate is expected to hold an outstanding experience in Particle Physics, recognized leadership talent and demonstrated project management skills. Priority will be given to candidates with specific knowledge regarding the activities carried out at LNF. Good knowledge of the Italian language is required.
To be considered for the job, candidates should also hold one of the following qualifications:
- “Dirigente di Ricerca” or “Dirigente Tecnologo” in INFN or in other Italian Research Institutions
- Full Professor (“Professore Ordinario”) in an Italian University
Foreign candidates, or Italian candidates who reside in foreign countries, can also qualify if they have been predominantly active in scientific or technological research activities of interest for INFN and hold at least one of the following qualifications:
- Full Professor at a foreign University;
- experience from high responsibility positions in qualified foreign or international research institutions;
- highest scientific awards internationally recognized.
Applications should be written in English and include a covering letter, a full CV, a list of publications, a short (no longer than one page) “statement of research interests”, the names of at least two referees to be contacted, if needed, and shall be sent (merged to a single .pdf file) to the INFN Headquarters at email@example.com
, quoting “LNF Director” as e-mail subject.
Closing date for receipt of applications is the 18th of January 2019
For queries about the application please contact dr. Giovanni Dionisio (firstname.lastname@example.org