is Canada's particle accelerator centre, and one of the world's leading laboratories for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science. We are an international centre for discovery and innovation, advancing fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research for science, medicine, and business.
At TRIUMF, we’re passionate about accelerating discovery and innovation to improve lives and build a better world. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are integral to excellence and enhance our ability to create knowledge and opportunity for all. Together, we are committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the voices of our employees, students, partners, and the people and communities we serve.
We are currently accepting applications for an experienced professional to fill the role of Director, Institute for Advanced Medical Isotopes (IAMI) Operations. IAMI is a new multi-million dollar facility at TRIUMF which will include a TR24 cyclotron for producing medical isotopes, with a mission to enhance radioisotope and radiopharmaceutical research by bringing together interdisciplinary faculty and students with partners from academia, not-for-profits, government, and industry. The Director will oversee and manage the safe and effective operation of IAMI and ensure compliance with Health Canada cGMP requirements, Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) and relevant provincial and federal regulations, TRIUMF quality and safety requirements, and regulations related to human patients and animal ethics. The primary focus of this role will be to oversee critical programs for IAMI operation, including cyclotron scheduling and operation, GMP radio-pharmaceutical production and distribution, and lab space and personnel flow in accordance with priorities defined by TRIUMF and IAMI partners. Other specific responsibilities include:
- Particpating in the planning, construction and commissioning of the IAMI facility
- Obtaining and maintaining the appropriate approvals from Health Canada
- Defining IAMI program goals in yearly and five-year increments, and ensuring they are aligned with TRIUMF wide goals
- Securing internal and external resources for operations and projects related to IAMI, and securing and delivering third party commitments
As our ideal candidate, you are self-motivated and able to act effectively in the pursuit of goals and objectives. You are an effective communicator and team member, and value a strong safety and quality culture. Your qualifications will include:
- A detailed knowledge of Health Canada cGMP requirements for radiopharmaceuticals along with relevant experience in the operation of a Health Canada compliant laboratory setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of chemistry laboratory best practices, and knowledge of the chemistry and radiochemistry experimental processes
- The ability to interpret and relate safety standards for implementation and review
- An advanced degree, preferably in the areas of radiopharmaceutical development, radiochemistry or other molecular imaging related field
While not required, experience in training and leading teams in a laboratory facility will be a definite asset.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will be given serious consideration, and in the case of equal qualifications, preference will be given to a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
TRIUMF is located on the south campus of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, BC. We offer a competitive total compensation package, including comprehensive benefits, attractive salary, and an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high profile national research facility.
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Your complete application package should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and will include the following in one complete PDF file:
Applications will be accepted until 2019-02-28