We are an early phase company committed to advancing the way radioisotopes are made. Nusano represents the first true turning point in the history of the field of radioisotope manufacturing since the advent of the cyclotron. By augmenting a standard linear accelerator with a proprietary high-current multiparticle ion source, our solution can generate radioisotopes with a very high yield and specific activity and is poised to become the state-of-the-art technology.
Our technology is uniquely suited for the generation of therapeutic radioisotopes. These radioisotopes, while historically challenging to produce in quantities and for the cost that allow for robust growth of the field, are on the precipice of widespread clinical use for personalized cancer therapy. Nusano is uniquely positioned to support and foster the growth of this important application.
Nusano is founded on the idea that the greatest scientific asset isn’t raw material or technology but vision — and the freedom to follow that vision wherever it leads. So, while the treatments of tomorrow will surely be built on advanced physics and sophisticated chemistry, they’ll be driven by creativity and fueled by spontaneity. In the world our technology enables, neither will have limits.
Nusano has an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer
at our Valencia, CA facility. Reporting to the Director of Targetry; the Design Engineer is responsible for the design and development of the accelerator target stations. Performing various tasks in the targetry department including creating CAD models, performing calculations to support designs, and overseeing the fabrication, assembly and operation of the target stations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working with Nusano scientists, design, develop, build, and install the accelerator target stations.
Develop detailed 3-D CAD models of the target vessel, instrumentation, target exchange and transport system, and other associated components.
Perform mechanical engineering calculations in support of the design efforts including structural and heat/mass transport.
Draft production ready drawings as needed.
Prototype critical design and manufacturing features.
Oversee procurement and fabrication of target station components and systems.
Assist with Quality Assurance, assembly and installation work as necessary.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ years of experience mechanical engineering experience is required;
- Proficiency in CAD;
- Proficiency in structural and heat/mass transport calculations;
- Ability to produce production ready 2-D drawings with GD&T requirements;
- Ability to multi-task and manage several work packages simultaneously;
- Excellent technical communication skills;
- General computer skills (Office, e-mail).
- 5+ years engineering experience at an accelerator laboratory;
- Demonstration of hands-on mechanical technician work (wrench-turning);
- Experience in Project management;
- Knowledge of Conventional (Metal-working) and Advanced Manufacturing (e.g. 3-D printing);
- Proficiency in Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- BS in ME or related field (e.g. AE) is a must.
- Must be able to lift, push and/or pull a maximum 50 pounds.
- Work will be conducted in an office and the engineering lab.
- Frequent use of computer with repetitive use of keyboard, mouse and manual dexterity.
We ask any interested applicants to submit their resumes to Recruiting@nusano.com