The ELI Beamlines Centre is part of the Extreme Light Infrastructure (ELI) project, a new research infrastructure of international significance. The lasers at ELI Beamlines aim to deliver unprecedented ultrashort, ultraintense laser pulses for diverse interdisciplinary applications in physics, medicine, biology and materials science. Currently several of the main laser beamlines are operational and are being expanded and upgraded to reach their full performance and maximum availability. Other laser beamlines are in commissioning and new cutting-edge laser sources are in the design and development phase.
For the development, delivery and support of the laser control systems, we invite applications for a new group member:
Control Systems Specialist The suitable candidate will be responsible for:
- assisting with the development, delivery and support of the laser control systems at ELI Beamlines
- commissioning control system data networks, developing and supporting databases, maintaining and servicing critical laser IT hardware, interfacing with IT systems
- designing control systems installations, configuring PLCs and other embedded controllers, interfacing sensors, instrumentation and infrastructure
- installation and commissioning of laser control systems, connecting and testing devices and subsystems as they are delivered, performing verification measurements
- supporting the daily operation of the laser laboratories, troubleshooting and responding to laser operator requirements
- studying current techniques and developments in industrial and large experimental control systems, ranging from high performance data archiving to high reliability safety systems
- university degree with a focus on one or more of the following disciplines: electrical/electronic engineering, computer science, software engineering, mechatronics, automation, applied physics or mathematics
- practical experience in IT, control systems and/or electrical/electronic engineering
- excellent working knowledge of English, verbal and written.
- at least one of the following would also be desirable:
o experience with networking, data switches, databases, Windows server support
o knowledge of MySQL, Cassandra and/or other database technology
o experience with industrial control and/or factory automation
o experience with lasers and laser diagnostics
o experience with LabVIEW programming and/or qualifications such as CLAD and CLD
- the opportunity to participate in this unique scientific project
- career growth, professional education
- competitive and motivating salary
- 5 weeks of holiday and other employee benefits
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR specialist (email@example.com, +420 - 601560322).
Information regarding the personal data processing and access to the personal data at the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences can be found on: https://www.fzu.cz/en/processing-of-personal-data.