ELI Beamlines research centre in Dolní Břežany is part of pan-European infrastructure ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) representing a unique tool of support of scientific excellence in Europe by making available its capacities to the best scientific teams across the world. The aim of ELI Beamlines is to establish the most intensive laser system in the world and to operate it on a long-term basis. Due to ultra-high performances of 10 PW (1 petawatt =
1,000,000,000,000,000 watts) and concentrated intensities of up to 1024 W/cm2, we can offer our users a unique source of radiation and beams of accelerated particles. The so called beamlines will enable groundbraking research in the area of physics and science dealing with materials, but also in biomedicine and laboratory astrophysics and many other fields. ELI Beamlines is part of the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, and it was open in 2015.
The Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences is a holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award. It is awarded by the European Commission to institutions which put significant effort into improving their HR strategy and ensuring professional and ethical working conditions.
The control systems team in ELI Beamlines is looking for a highly motivated and skilled:
Control Systems Engineer (Experiment Control)
The group is developing control and data acquisition systems that control, connect and interface more than 40 complex subsystems (lasers, beam transports, beamlines/experiments, facility systems, safety systems,..). Currently, these systems are in a state of partial operation and ongoing commissioning.
The new team member would work on the development of vacuum control and machine safety systems, and interfaces to auxiliary subsystems, such as HVAC control, cleanroom control, power monitoring, personal safety interlocks,..
We are looking for a well-rounded and hands-on candidate with good communication skills, who can work with suppliers and stakeholders, and as part of a larger team.
- secondary/university technical education
Nice to have would be:
- PLC programming skills (IEC 61131-3 including STL). We use B&R hardware, so experience with the platform would be an asset, but is not required
- understanding of electrical installations for industrial control systems, ability to read wiring diagrams and select appropriate hardware and participate in troubleshooting and commissioning activities
- experience with field busses and typical interfaces used in process control
- excellent communication skills in English
- basic knowledge of LabVIEW, EPLAN
- experience with vacuum control systems, machine safety systems
- the opportunity to participate in this unique scientific project
- competitive and motivating salary
- flexible working hours
- nice working environment
- career growth
- lunch vouchers, pension contribution and 5 sick days
- support of leisure time activities
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR specialist (email@example.com
, +420 - 601560322).
Information regarding the personal data processing and access to the personal data at the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences can be found on: https://www.fzu.cz/en/processing-of-personal-data