The Institut Laue-Langevin is an international research centre atthe leading edge of neutron science and technology, based in Grenoble, France.
The ILL's Science Division is looking for a:
Chemistry Laboratories Manager (f/m)
The institute operates chemistry support laboratories within the Soft Matter Science and Support group for both external users and internal scientists. They include equipment for chemical sample preparation and characterisation as well as furnaces and glove boxes. Users coming from member country laboratories require assistance prior to and during their stay for chemical provision and sample preparation. Some of the facilities are shared with the ESRF synchrotron facility.
You will be in charge of:
- Maintaining and operating the equipment for the laboratories (e.g.glove box, UV-Vis, Infrared, Light Scattering, DSC instruments)
- Managing one lab assistant
- Managing stocks and ensuring the procurement of consumables and equipment
- Managing waste disposal
- Providing assistance to scientists with the preparation of samples for their neutron experiments
- Overseeing the quality control of chemicals provided to users
- Enforcing compliance with safety rules.
Qualifications and experience:
You have an advanced degree (Master's or equivalent) in chemistry or a related field, or have significant experience in a similar position.
Experience with using the above-mentioned equipment.
2 years' experience in chemistry lab management and interest in chemical synthesis would be an asset.
You have the following personal skills:
- ability to solve problems
- ability to organise and document
- ability to be a team player and to communicate effectively
- keen interest in keeping up to date with technological developments.
As an international research centre, we are particularly keen to ensure that we also attract applicants from outside France. You must have a sound knowledge of English and be willing to learn French (a language course will be paid for by the ILL). Knowledge of German would be an advantage.
Notes: This is a permanent position.
Benefits: Generous company benefits (adaptation and expatriation allowance), relocation assistance and language courses may be offered.
How to apply: Please submit your application on line, no later than 28.07.2019, via our website (vacancy reference: 19/28).
The ILL is an equal opportunities employer and encourages anyone with the relevant qualifications to apply.