QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
Job description/Person specification
QinetiQ plays a major role in the development and sustainment of naval combat systems for both the Royal Navy and overseas navies. It acts variously as a customer friend, third party assessor, system integrator, and product supplier. You will be advising on:
• How combat systems should be developed, acquired and evolved
• Test, evaluation and acceptance of combat systems and their constituent equipment
• The identification and rectification of defects such as those encountered during operational service.
What will I be doing?
You will undertake technical work activities within a systems engineering context
Work as part of a technical team in support of project objectives
Assist in the production of technical documentation in support of work carried out
Engaging with stakeholders, project managers and senior technical staff to ensure customer and business needs are satisfied appropriately and problems are mitigated
What do I need?
- Relevant engineering/systems engineering experience
- Knowledge of some specific areas of a combat system such as weapon systems, command systems, comms, EW, sonar and other sensors, navigation equipment etc.
- Knowledge of integration, test and acceptance activities
- Experience in product/system design/evolution
- Ability to identify delivery and technical issues, adherence to work plans and schedules, reporting of progress, issues etc. to more senior staff.
Why join us?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there’s never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ.
Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
How to apply
To apply for the role please click on the apply button to submit your application.