Apply for this job
Job ref: N/A
The Department of Physics at Durham University seeks to appoint five outstanding candidates at Assistant Professor level. We welcome applications from exceptional scholars with research and teaching interests in all of the following areas:
• Particle Physics Phenomenology, with preference for candidates who have a strong record of engagement with experimental groups;
• Advanced Instrumentation, with preference for candidates with expertise in space science;
• Observational Extragalactic Survey Science, with a preference for candidates with a leading role in large extragalactic surveys and the potential to exploit the Square Kilometre Array;
• Experimental Quantum, Light and Matter, with a preference for candidates with expertise in quantum gases and ultracold molecules;
• Soft Condensed Matter Physics, with a preference for candidates with expertise in simulations.
These posts offer an exciting opportunity to make a major contribution to the development of research and teaching in the Department of Physics and the successful candidate will be expected to contribute to our portfolio of research-led teaching activities.
For further details, please see www.durham.ac.uk/physics/academic-recruitment/
Share this job
View Employer Profile
Already uploaded your CV? Sign In to apply instantly