The ELI Project is an integral part of the European plan to build the next generation of large research facilities. ELI-Beamlines as a cutting edge laser facility is currently being commissioned near Prague, Czech Republic. ELI will be delivering ultra-short, ultra-intense laser pulses lasting typically a few tens of femtoseconds (10-100 fs) with peak power projected to reach 10 PW. It will make available multiple synchronized laser beams for sophisticated pump-probe experiments.
The research group RP5 (Laser-plasma interaction in the widest sense) is expanding and recruiting experimental physicists in relevant fields for implementation, commissioning, operation and further development of the P3 (Plasma Physics Platform) infrastructure. In our team we therefore have the following positions available:
2 RESEARCH POSITIONS
on High-Energy and High-intensity Laser-Matter Interaction
(R5 research group)
The positions can be on the junior or senior level depending on the qualification and past experience of the candidates. Applicants with a strong engineering background are also encouraged to apply.
The candidate is supposed to work predominantly on the following topics:
- design, development, installation, and commissioning of diagnostic systems and other technological infrastructure elements related to P3
- develop research activities in either high-energy or high-intensity laser-matter interaction
- participation in the commissioning and user operation phase
- the candidate has sufficient flexibility to work on other urgent tasks coming up
- PhD in physics or related field
- past experience in laser-plasma interaction is a plus
- experience in optical engineering aspects is an advantage
- good knowledge of spoken and written English is necessary
- ability to take initiative and perform tasks independently
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková (email@example.com
, +420 601 560 322).
Information regarding the personal data processing and access to the personal data at the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences can be found on: https://www.fzu.cz/en/processing-of-personal-data