Open Date: 11/05/2018
Close Date: 03/04/2019
The Technical Division/Superconducting Quantum Systems initiative is seeking a Postdoc – 3D Superconducting Qubits to join the Fermilab team. Current efforts are focused on using extremely high Q superconducting 3D cavities developed for particle accelerators to advance the coherence of various schemes of quantum computation, quantum sensing, and quantum communication.
This position is a three-year, term appointment with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance and funds availability.
• Abide by and is responsible for performing all activities in accordance with all environmental, health, and safety regulations and practices.
We Are Looking For
• Ph.D. in Physics, Material Sciences or Electrical Engineering
• Working knowledge of basic concepts of superconductivity
• Expertise in quantum regime measurements of microwave cavities and transmons or other types of superconducting qubits or microwave devices at low temperatures and fields
Physical Activity and Work Conditions
• Human Factors: mental concentration, sitting
• Physical Factors: cryogens, oxygen deficiency hazard
Candidates should submit:
• a cover letter with a brief statement of research interests;
• a curriculum vitae with a list of publications;
• at least 3 letters of reference.
Please submit application via Academic Jobs Online using the following URL:https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/12670