The ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) Project is an integral part of the European plan to build the next generation of large research facilities. ELI-Beamlines as a cutting edge laser facility is currently being constructed near Prague, Czech Republic; its commissioning has started already at the end of 2017. ELI will be delivering ultrashort, ultra-intense laser pulses lasting typically a few tens of femtoseconds (100 fs) with peak power projected to reach 10 PW. It will make available time synchronized laser beams over a wide range of intensities for multi-disciplinary applications in physics, medicine, biology, material science etc. The high laser electric field intensities of the laser pulse will be also used for generating secondary sources of e- and p+ and high-energy photons.
The research group RP2 is expanding and recruiting physicists in relevant fields for the research and development of the laser driven X-ray sources and for their application in user experiments.
In our team we therefore have the following position available:
The candidate is supposed to work predominantly on the following topics:
- Development, implementation and operation of laser driven secondary sources of XUV and X-ray radiation at the ELI Beamlines facility
- Technical and scientific support of the experimental programme at ELI and other local or foreign laser laboratories.
- Implementation of users’ application experiments.
- An university degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) in physics or engineering
- Knowledge of optics and vacuum technology
- Fluent in English for speaking and writing; knowledge of Czech is a plus
- High level of self-motivation, ability to work in a team as well as independently
- The opportunity to participate in this unique scientific project
- Career growth, professional education
- Competitive and motivating salary
- 5 weeks of holiday and other employee benefits
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org, +420 - 601560322).