TWI is a world expert in engineering, materials and joining technologies. We provide industry with advice and know-how in design, fabrication, failure analysis and prevention.
The Adhesives, Composites and Sealants section provides world-class technology in the fields of novel composites processing, composites joining and adhesive bonding. The section seeks to recruit a Project Leader to deliver projects in the field of composite materials operating at high pressure – high temperature environments. TWI also manages and operates the National Structural Integrity Research Centre (NSIRC), a centre for postgraduate industry led study.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Operating Thermal Analysis equipment
- Mechanical testing
- Producing composites specimens
- Assist in the design of special jigs, autoclaves and other enclosures for the mechanical testing of composites in specific pressure-temperature environments
- Managing project tasks efficiently to meet client, health, safety, quality and budget requirements.
- Supporting projects in the areas of composites joining and dissimilar material joining
For the Senior Project Leader role, you will have additional responsibilities:
- Supervision of NSIRC students (PhD and/or MSc)
- Mentoring, guidance and support to NSIRC postgraduate industrial research projects
Required skills / expertise:
- BSc and above qualification Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or Polymer Chemistry
- At least two of the four skills described below acquired through three years of experience in industrial based research or through a completed PhD:
- Knowledge of composites manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of damage mechanisms in composites
- Knowledge of transport phenomena through composites (heat and/or mass transfer)
- Knowledge of composite repair processes
Experience in composites for Oil & Gas applications appreciated but is not a requirement.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Intrinsically high level of motivation with a good work ethic
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong documentation and writing skills
The role requires regular travel with notice within the UK and occasionally overseas.
TWI offers a comprehensive training programme, incorporating both in-house and external courses to support the development of staff.
Job Profile: Project Leader / Senior Project Leader
Job Role: Project Leader / Senior Project Leader, Technology
Hours: 36 hours p/wk.
Closing Date: 27/08/2018
To find out more about TWI and our corporate culture please visit our website: https://www.twi-global.com/